Support for Feminists With Anxiety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite fiction books?

2 posters

Go down

Favourite fiction books? Empty Favourite fiction books?

Post by ...Thursday is pathetic Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:50 pm

This is a long shot, but, has anyone else here read "A long way down" by Nick Hornby?

It is about four people who meet by accident when planning to kill themselves. They make an agreement to each wait a while, try to improve their lives, and meet up again. It is told from each of their perspectives, moving from one to the other every chapter (I think, I haven't read it in a few years), with two men and two women.
I made this thread because I remembered it today, and I think it is an interesting read about dealing with one's problems and having a difficult life, without ever being overly-sentimental or simplistic- plus it is really funny. I highly recommend it. bounce

I just did some research on it and they are making a film of it with one of my favourite actors- awesome! They almost never make films from books I like.

What fiction books have others particularly enjoyed? Post a bit about what and why.....
...Thursday is pathetic
...Thursday is pathetic

Back to top Go down

Favourite fiction books? Empty Re: Favourite fiction books?

Post by Daydreamer Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:20 pm

That actually sounds very interesting. I have too many books to read. Once I finish those, I'll read this 1. * adds book to Must Read List *
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Admin

https://affs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down