Support for Feminists With Anxiety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I needed feminism?

4 posters

Go down

Why I needed feminism?  Empty Why I needed feminism?

Post by Trendsetter Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Why do I need feminism? I feel like it's changed my life, and I have this new newfound confidence I never had before. I used to be so afraid to talk to any women at all, but i can do that easily by seeing them as equals. Now I have a new job I enjoy, and a date coming up.

I would also say that feministic ideals really made me feel more ethical, fair, accepting of those who are different. I'm glad to be different, unconventional, nonconforming to societal standards, hence why I like be referred to as "Trendsetter." Cool

Trendsetter

Back to top Go down

Why I needed feminism?  Empty Re: Why I needed feminism?

Post by Otherside Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 pm

I wonder how many people on the other site (need I say where?) that this outlook on it would help. Too many supposed "nice guys" and "white nights" over there that are convinced that feminsim is what made them depressed and anxious. Personally, I don't like using the word feminism over there (still banned anyway) because it's somewhat a bad thing. I guess I'd rather have equality.

You have a good outlook, and things are going well for you. I hope your date goes okay. Very Happy

Otherside

Back to top Go down

Post by Trendsetter Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 pm

Thank you, Otherside! Well, for them, it is quite easier to blame some movement than it is for them to make an effort to improve. By making their assumptions on what they think it is, their misery will continue. If they just took the time to figure what feminism really means, it can be of really big help. This movement pretty much benefits everyone, and I was treated with such respect by this feminist movement.

Trendsetter

Back to top Go down

Post by hitgirl95 Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Otherside wrote:I wonder how many people on the other site (need I say where?) that this outlook on it would help. Too many supposed "nice guys" and "white nights" over there that are convinced that feminsim is what made them depressed and anxious. Personally, I don't like using the word feminism over there (still banned anyway) because it's somewhat a bad thing. I guess I'd rather have equality.

You have a good outlook, and things are going well for you. I hope your date goes okay. Very Happy
Yeah, this is going to sound off topic, but that sites a sht hole mainly because it's being infested by trolls, and not to mention the mods bring out their ban hammer for the dumbest sht like using a "dirty word" meanwhile you have people talking about actually hurting people and women etc. I may go back after my requested ban expires, but as of now, that's a little doubtful. But the only thing that makes me want to go back is it does need balence, but the stress that site causes sometimes, it's just might not be worth it.
hitgirl95
hitgirl95

Back to top Go down

Post by Otherside Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:04 am

hitgirl95 wrote:
Otherside wrote:I wonder how many people on the other site (need I say where?) that this outlook on it would help. Too many supposed "nice guys" and "white nights" over there that are convinced that feminsim is what made them depressed and anxious. Personally, I don't like using the word feminism over there (still banned anyway) because it's somewhat a bad thing. I guess I'd rather have equality.

Yeah, this is going to sound off topic, but that sites a sht hole mainly because it's being infested by trolls, and not to mention the mods bring out their ban hammer for the dumbest sht like using a "dirty word" meanwhile you have people talking about actually hurting people and women etc. I may go back after my requested ban expires, but as of now, that's a little doubtful. But the only thing that makes me want to go back is it does need balence, but the stress that site causes sometimes, it's just might not be worth it.

Hitgirl, I banned myself back in February after I found Anxiety Space, and I got banned again for "rival site promotion and mod/site bashing". I once started a thread on AnxS that was the same as on SAS. The replies on SAS were mostly people telling me I was talking bullshit, with a couple of posts from a few decent members that I get on with. The replies on AnxS were totally different. I think I've seen you over there though, stick around, you seem nice. Smile

Otherside

Back to top Go down

Post by ...Thursday is pathetic Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:24 am

For me, the sheer amount of people on the other site (which I still use) kills any idea of community. Plus a reasonably high proportion of very loud idiots.... I mean, it is pretty hard to make me angry, but some people on there manage it.
...Thursday is pathetic
...Thursday is pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Otherside Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:33 pm

...Thursday is pathetic wrote:For me, the sheer amount of people on the other site (which I still use) kills any idea of community. Plus a reasonably high proportion of very loud idiots.... I mean, it is pretty hard to make me angry, but some people on there manage it.

I know what you mean. It's not so much the size of it that bugs me, it's just that I can't seem to say anything on that site without having someone attack me for it and it's just annoying me!!! I'm not one of these people that will give a controversal opinion such as "I'm a massive fan of hitler" or whatever. I don't. But I don't like to be attacked when I say that suicide isn't that desirable or great.

And generally online too I'm pretty much able to not get anrgy. But SAS manages it.

BTW, are you on AnxS, Thursday? It seems to be where all the SAS'ers are going who are fed up with SAS.

Otherside

Back to top Go down

Post by ...Thursday is pathetic Wed May 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Otherside wrote:
BTW, are you on AnxS, Thursday? It seems to be where all the SAS'ers are going who are fed up with SAS.

No, how is that site? I don't need the support so much these days to be honest, I spend time on SAS mainly to talk to people there and just have a look at various threads. I would consider another site if there was less ridiculousness!
...Thursday is pathetic
...Thursday is pathetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down