Support for Feminists With Anxiety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it Ok to Hate Family Members?

3 posters

Go down

Is it Ok to Hate Family Members? Empty Is it Ok to Hate Family Members?

Post by Daydreamer Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 am

My dad's brothers treat him and my younger brother like shit; yet my younger brother says that I can't hate them because they haven't done anything to me. Even though my dad can be an asshole at times, I still love him. My family on both sides are huge. This may sound harsh; but I don't love most of them (my dad's immediate family). Is it betraying your family if you don't love them for something they did to your immediate family that was cruel?
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Admin

https://affs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is it Ok to Hate Family Members? Empty Re: Is it Ok to Hate Family Members?

Post by Ventura Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:40 pm

I don't know. "Hate" is a very strong word. It would have to take me to extremes to hate someone. (Even if they were blatant ignorant). I would more or less pity them. It depends on how you define "cruel" and if your classing one persons actions with a whole group of people, too. If there is a reason you dislike those people, and there is a very valid reason, then yes.. it's okay.

Hate isn't a good though though. I've learned that.. Communication sometimes works to mend situations up.

Anyways, I babble.

Ventura
Ventura

Back to top Go down

Post by Otherside Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:34 pm

I don't know. There's a certain family member I don't like very much, and I have my reasons. Personally, he hasn't done anything to me. However, I've watched him refuse to go to Grannies bedside as she dying and then miss her funeral, I've watched him ignore Grandpa when he was having some serious surgery done, and then now when he's pretty ill at the mo as it is because he's "busy", despite being unemployed at the momment and complaining about the fact that he's not doing anything, and I've seen some of the not so nice letters he sent over to Dad, Grandpa, and other family letters, all about my mother, because she dared suggest that he comes up and visits Grandpa when he was in hospital!

So no. I don't think that much of him, and I don't want much to do with him. I don't know if I hate him as such...just don't want much to do with him. Suspect

Otherside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down