Support for Feminists With Anxiety
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does gender expectations contribute to social anxiety?

2 posters

Go down

How does gender expectations contribute to social anxiety? Empty How does gender expectations contribute to social anxiety?

Post by Trendsetter Fri May 03, 2013 7:33 pm

I do believe gender expectations do reinforce anxiety, because some people will feel inadequate or shunned by others if they do not live up to them. Does these expectations make you feel uncomfortable or offended? They do for me, since they put unfair expectations on people and uphold lousy double standards.

Trendsetter

Back to top Go down

How does gender expectations contribute to social anxiety? Empty Re: How does gender expectations contribute to social anxiety?

Post by Daydreamer Sat May 04, 2013 1:24 pm

It doesn't make me offended; just fed up. That's why on that other forum * cough cough, you know which 1 * I get tired of having to explain patriarchy and how it effects gender stereotypes. Gender stereotypes affect both people with anxiety and social anxiety and people without anxiety and social anxiety. I believe that if the patriarchy is torn down; then anxiety and SA will become less common because patriarchy excpects too much out of people; some of which is impossible. Is what I typed confusing? * What's the difference between affect and effect? I keep on forgetting.
Daydreamer
Daydreamer
Admin

https://affs.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How does gender expectations contribute to social anxiety? Empty Re: How does gender expectations contribute to social anxiety?

Post by Trendsetter Sat May 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Daydreamer wrote:It doesn't make me offended; just fed up. That's why on that other forum * cough cough, you know which 1 * I get tired of having to explain patriarchy and how it effects gender stereotypes. Gender stereotypes affect both people with anxiety and social anxiety and people without anxiety and social anxiety. I believe that if the patriarchy is torn down; then anxiety and SA will become less common because patriarchy excpects too much out of people; some of which is impossible. Is what I typed confusing? * What's the difference between affect and effect? I keep on forgetting.

Oh, it wasn't confusing. "Affect" cause something to happen, while "effect" is the result of something happening.

I can see what you're saying, trying to explain this on that other forum is like pushing against a wall lol, and both genders are negatively affected by the patriarchy.

Trendsetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down